Unmatched WorldStrides Support
Christian Discoveries, as a part of the WorldStrides DiscoverNow! lineup of programs, is backed by an organization with nearly 50 years of experience. Our primary goals are to keep your students safe and secure, provide you with a passionate and professional support team, and take learning beyond classroom walls.
Safe and Secure
WorldStrides maintains an extraordinary commitment to safety. Our comprehensive security network ensures each student, chaperone, and teacher will be safe every step of the way.
- Tour Central: Our 24-hour offices in Washington, D.C., Williamsburg, VA, and New York City are staffed with employees who are trained to handle any emergency that may arise while you are traveling.
- Doctors on Call: WorldStrides has an exclusive partnership with The George Washington University Department of Emergency Medicine. A George Washington University doctor serves on our staff as the WorldStrides Medical Director, overseeing medical response planning for the organization and providing direct case management in the event of a medical response issue anywhere in the world. This partnership allows us to provide 24–hour in-hotel emergency care to all of our traveling students, parents, teachers, and chaperones in the Washington, D.C. area and phone consultations to all other domestic destinations.
- Unmatched safety measures: Our WorldStrides Name Tags, Behavior Contracts, contingency plans, and Night Chaperones illustrate our dedication to providing a safe travel experience for all participants.
- Insurance and liability coverage: USTOA Travelers Assistance Program provides extensive insurance coverage to protect you and your students.
Passionate and Professional
WorldStrides provides unparalleled support. Five hundred team members in 14 different locations are committed to helping your group before, during, and after your trip. WorldStrides also provides opportunities for financial assistance to allow more students to participate in this life-changing experience.
- Personal Team: Beginning the moment you decide to travel, you will have a personal team of Christian Discoveries program representatives supporting you.
- FLAG Financial Assistance: $1 million in travel assistance will be awarded to students traveling on WorldStrides DiscoverNow! programs in 2012-2013.
At the heart of our programs is a strong academic and spiritual focus. WorldStrides is the first organization of its kind to be named an accredited travel study school. We adhere to strict guidelines of integrity, educational excellence, and high academic standards to maintain this status.
- Accreditation: WorldStrides is independently accredited by multiple accrediting bodies in regions across the country.
- Discovery for Credit: This special opportunity enables students to use their travel experience to get ahead on school requirements by earning free high school credit.
- Discovery Journals: Each student is given a Discovery Journal, which includes site information, photos, trivia, thought-provoking questions, and open areas for notes and reflection.
- Course Leaders: Every Course Leader is an expert in the field, specially trained, and is a practicing believer. With the help of your Course Leader, learning becomes a real world experience and a journey of faith.
Explore Our Programs
Select a destination from the dropdown below to get started.
Interested in leading a WorldStrides program? Click here for more information and to download a brochure.
Students, Parents and Program Leaders: click here to login or create your account.